What to do first?
Are you a journalist and you just came to Ukraine?
Here’s what we advise you to do first.
1. Register at the Media Center Ukraine (32 Rynok Square, Lviv; 8/16 Bohdan Khmelnytsky str., Kyiv). These are the meeting points and support for all foreign journalists who gather in Lviv and Kyiv.
2. Apply for accreditation from the MOD to be able to work legally in Ukraine. https://www.mil.gov.ua/en/news/2022/03/04/the-armed-forces-of-ukraine-conduct-accreditation-of-mass-media-to-cover-russias-military-crimes/ For more information on the work of media in conditions of martial law go there https://lviv.travel/en/news/media-voennyi-stan
3. Subscribe to the official channels of Media Centers
Telegram https://t.me/UkraineMediaCenterKyiv (Kyiv)
which always contains up-to-date and verified information, expert comments, official positions of the authorities.
4. Get protection. If you need a bulletproof vest and helmet to perform a journalistic task and you are in Lviv, write [email protected] Whenever possible, Reporters Without Borders provides equipment kits on the second floor of the Media Center (Lviv).
5. When you go to the Media Center, look around – you will find a lot of other helpful information that you can use for work.