Full schedule Media Center’s Ukraine (Kyiv, Lviv)
|START TIME||LOCATION||SPEAKERS||TOPICS / DESCRIPTION|
• Vasyl Vovkun General Director — Artistic Director of Lviv National Opera
• Ivan Cherednichenko — Director, Head of the Musical Department
• Oleksandr Poryadchenko – CEO and founder of «Kontramarka»
(personal attendance by all)
|TOGETHER WITH UKRAINE: Lviv National Opera presents the project featuring a series of online performances of the most famous Ukrainian pieces of music for charity.|
|13:30||Lviv||Vadym Denysenko, Director of the Ukrainian Institute for the Future, Advisor to the Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine |
|SPECIAL EVENT |
Vadym Denysenko will present the report of the Ukrainian Institute for the Future «Ukraine 2022. How not to lose the chance to become a strong state» that will cover:
• scenarios for stopping the war;
• coming back to a peaceful life;
• priorities in economic revival;
• refugees and internally displaced persons.
|14:30||Kyiv||Vitaliy Stetsyk, Commander of the 22nd Separate Brigade for Protection of Diplomatic Missions and Consulates of Foreign Countries (personal attendance)||Current topic: Protection of diplomatic missions and consulates by the detachments of the National Guard of Ukraine|
Why this is important: diplomatic missions are coming back to Kyiv. The National Guard of Ukraine is responsible for their security.
|15:00||Lviv||The participants will include: |
• Marichka Padalko, who has reported on the war for 10 weeks on 1+1 TV channel
• Vadym Denysenko, an excellent editor in the past and an incumbent Advisor to the Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine
• Michael Bociurkiw, who was a Spokesperson of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission in Donbas, and currently provides commentary for CNN and analytics for The Atlantic Council
• Vitaly Portnikov, journalist
• Andriy Shevchenko, Media Center Ukraine
|SPECIAL EVENT |
On World Press Freedom Day, Media Center Ukraine will hold a panel «Covering war in Ukraine: Safety and freedom of speech» with prominent media workers of the country.
The event will feature journalists that are telling the world the truth about Ukraine’s fight for freedom. They will discuss how media workers can work in safety during the war.
The event will take place at 32 Rynok Square, Lviv on May 3 at 15.00. Participation is encouraged. Each speaker will be available for conversation after the discussion.
Live broadcast will be available at the link.
|15:30||Kyiv||Vadym Boichenko, Mariupol Mayor||Key topics: The situation in the city; the evacuation of civilians from Azovstal Iron and Steel Works; public relief for the evacuees from Mariupol.|
|18:00||Kyiv||Olha Stefanishyna, Deputy Prime Minister for European and Euro-Atlantic Integration; |
Pramila Patten, United Nations Under-Secretary-General and Special Representative of the Secretary-General on Sexual Violence in Conflict (personal attendance)
|Current topic: Sex crimes committed by russian occupiers on the territory of Ukraine.|
Why this is important: Since the reports of sexual violence during the war in Ukraine continue to come in, UN Under-Secretary-General and Special Representative of the Secretary-General on Sexual Violence in Conflict Pramila Patten is coming with an official mission to Ukraine, Poland, Moldova and Brussels. She will estimate how the UN can efficiently support national agencies and other subjects by improving paperwork and investigating the reports of sexual crimes connected to the military action, as well as by providing the access to multi sector services for the victims, and stepping up the battle against human trafficking in the region.