|START TIME||LOCATION||SPEAKERS||TOPICS / DESCRIPTION|
|11:30 AM||Lviv||Giorgi Gogia, Associate Director, Europe and Central Asia Division at Human Rights Watch (online)||Current issue:|
– The human rights organization’s report on the apparent crimes against human rights committed by the russian military in Ukraine
More details about the report: https://www.hrw.org/news/2022/05/18/ukraine-executions-torture-during-russian-occupation
|12:30 PM||Kyiv||Ruslan Strilets, Minister of Environmental Protection and Natural Resources of Ukraine (in person)||Subjects: environmental hotspots of the war—Chornobyl, Energodar, and others. What damage russians caused to Ukraine and where; documenting environmental crimes; prospects of referring matters to the UN International Court of Justice; making good the damage; interacting with international partners; international assistance; control of access to subsurface resources during the war and supporting the economy.|
|1:00 PM||Lviv||Nataliia Galibarenko, Head of Mission of Ukraine to NATO (online)||Current issues:|
– NATO’s assistance to Ukraine during the full-scale war
– The course of Ukraine’s integration into NATO
– Sweden and Finland joining NATO: what it looks like from the inside
– How the Alliance has changed since the beginning of the russian-Ukrainian war
|1:30 PM||Lviv||Tamila Tasheva, Permanent Representative of the President of Ukraine in Crimea (online)||Current issues:|
– The situation in temporarily occupied Crimea;
– The strategy of de-occupation of Crimea;
– How Crimea Platform works during the war.
Why this is important: the deportation (forced relocation) of the Crimean Tatars from Crimea to remote regions of the soviet union began on May 18, 1944. The ethnic cleansing was carried out by the soviet state security department on the orders of joseph stalin and based on the resolution of the soviet state defense committee as of May 11, 1944.
|2:30 PM||Kyiv||Oleksii Hromov, brigadier general, Deputy Head of the Main Operations Directorate of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine; Oleksandr Khorunzhyy, Press Officer of the State Emergency Service of Ukraine (in person)||Subject: Current situation on the frontline.|