UKRAINE MEDIA CENTER’S APRIL 21, 2022, BRIEFING SCHEDULE (32 RYNOK SQ., LVIV)
ALERT! The Orientation Session is postponed till next week.
ORIENTATION SESSION for media representatives
Media and the War in Ukraine
- how to work with the authorities;
- cans & cannots under the martial law;
- the most interesting topics to cover.
Panelists: Lviv Regional Military Administration, Lviv City Council, National Police, Security Service, Territorial Defence.
- Ukraine & Russia;
- origins of the war;
- European and global context.
- how to understand the geography of the war;
- current situation at the frontline;
Panelist: Oleksandr Arhat, Militarniy Portal.
Panelists: Reporters Without Borders, media representatives.
11:30 AM — Eliza Dzwonkiewicz, Consul General of the Republic of Poland in Lviv (in person)
- Poland’s support for Ukraine during the Russo-Ukrainian war
- Humanitarian aid provided by Poland to the Ukrainians
1:30 PM — Serhiy Haidai, Head of Luhansk Oblast Military Administration (online)
- The current situation in Luhansk Oblast
- Evacuation of the civilians
- The humanitarian situation in the region
3:30 PM — Briefing by Representatives of the United Nations and Caritas
Humanitarian Situation in Ukraine and Humanitarian Response
• Amin Awad, UN Assistant Secretary-General and Crisis Coordinator for Ukraine
• Osnat Lubrani, UN Resident Coordinator & Humanitarian Coordinator in Ukraine
• Karolina Lindholm Billing, UNHCR Representative in Ukraine
• Tetiana Stawnychy, President of Caritas Ukraine
(all in person)
- The humanitarian situation and assistance from partners
- Allocating funds from the Humanitarian Fund to provide relief to Ukraine
- Needs of forcibly displaced persons, including the most vulnerable groups
- Assistance by local NGOs to people affected by the war.
You can find us here:
https://bit.ly/3qSJtRU – live streams
The Media Center will function as a co-working space from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
+38 067 652 91 97