SCHEDULE OF MEDIA CENTER UKRAINE EVENTS (LVIV, 32 RYNOK SQUARE) FOR MAY 19
11:30 AM — Giorgi Gogia, Associate Director, Europe and Central Asia Division at Human Rights Watch (online)
– The human rights organization’s report on the apparent crimes against human rights committed by the russian military in Ukraine
More details about the report: https://www.hrw.org/news/2022/05/18/ukraine-executions-torture-during-russian-occupation
1:00 PM — Nataliia Galibarenko, Head of Mission of Ukraine to NATO (online)
– NATO’s assistance to Ukraine during the full-scale war
– The course of Ukraine’s integration into NATO
– Sweden and Finland joining NATO: what it looks like from the inside
– How the Alliance has changed since the beginning of the russian-Ukrainian war
1:30 PM — Tamila Tasheva, Permanent Representative of the President of Ukraine in Crimea (online)
– The situation in temporarily occupied Crimea;
– The strategy of de-occupation of Crimea;
– How Crimea Platform works during the war.
Why this is important: the deportation (forced relocation) of the Crimean Tatars from Crimea to remote regions of the soviet union began on May 18, 1944. The ethnic cleansing was carried out by the soviet state security department on the orders of joseph stalin and based on the resolution of the soviet state defense committee as of May 11, 1944.
The Media Center will function as a co-working space from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
+38 067 652 91 97
Read more: https://mediacenter.org.ua/news