Media Center Ukraine will host a discussion “Speak Ukrainian, Because You Live on Your Land!”
On Wednesday, November 9, at 3:00 PM, the Media Center Ukraine will host a discussion following the results of the educational project “Speak Ukrainian, Because You Live on Your Land!” commemorating the Ukrainian Writing and Language Day.
Organizers: NGO “Feodosiia Kolesnyk Educational and European Center” assisted by the project “People for People: the World Saves Ukrainian Communities” with the support of ISAR Ednannia.
• Feodosiia Kolesnyk, author of the project “Speak Ukrainian, Because You Live on Your Land!”, philologist
• Dana Mekhedova, neuropsychologist, Board Chairperson of NGO “Union of Women of Lviv Region”
• Volodymyr Lys, Head of Children’s Services of Lviv Oblast State Administration
• Halyna Matsur, teacher of the author’s course “Speak Ukrainian, Because You Live on Your Land!”
The purpose of the event is to draw public attention to the importance of improving the level of proficiency in the state language by Ukrainian citizens and maintaining Ukrainian-language stability in the context of the russo-Ukrainian war.
Principal theses of the speeches of press conference participants:
• Ukrainian language as a sign of national identity.
• Psychological barriers during the switch to Ukrainian.
• Promotion of the native language among young people as a socially important idea
• Changes in speech behavior and maintaining the speech stability by the “Speak Ukrainian, Because You Live on Your Land!” course students
The discussion will take place on Wednesday, November 9, in the premises of the Media Center Ukraine at 32 Rynok Square
Starting time: 3:00 PM
Duration: about 1 hour
Visitors are requested to come 10 to 15 minutes before the event starts
Read more: https://mediacenter.org.ua/news