Invitation to the International Press Conference “Ukraine: Sustainable Economic Recovery for People and Nature”
Date: September 22, 2022
Time: 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM Kyiv time
The green post-war recovery will support economic development, speed up Ukraine’s EU accession, and strengthen the country’s security.
These issues will be discussed during the online press conference dedicated to the international presentation of Ukraine: Sustainable Economic Recovery for People and Nature report prepared by WWF Central and Eastern Europe, WWF-Ukraine together with Boston Consulting Group (BSG) within the framework of the WWF-BCG global partnership.
According to the authors, the recovery of the key sectors of the economy must incorporate advanced environmental criteria and standards, especially the European ones. If properly implemented, they will reduce reliance on fossil fuel imports and stave off the shortage of natural resources, for instance, in a climate change situation.
The report offers over fifty recommendations on the sustainable management of forest and water resources and the recovery of construction, transport, energy, agriculture, and manufacturing. The report’s authors emphasize that environmental safety is a component of the country’s overall security system. Thus, it is important:
- to implement standards of the closed-loop (circular) economy in all key sectors;
- to develop sustainable agriculture based on the best practices, such as the EU’s Farm to Fork Strategy;
- to grant environmental conservation status to 30% of Ukraine’s land area.
Moderator and Speakers:
– Andreas Beckmann, CEO at WWF Central and Eastern Europe, Vienna
– Bohdan Vykhor, CEO at WWF-Ukraine, Kyiv
– Hubi Meinecke, global leader of the Climate Change and Sustainability practice at BCG, Hamburg
– Tomislav Corak, Managing Director and Partner at BCG, Budapest
Please use the link below to register for the press conference:
Once registered, you will receive a calendar invite and a link to access the press conference. The event will take place in English with simultaneous interpretation into Ukrainian. A Q&A section in English and Ukrainian will work during the press conference.
If you have any further questions, please get in touch with Tetiana Riabokin at WWF-Ukraine, +38 096 230 44 62, [email protected]
Read more: https://mediacenter.org.ua/news