SCHEDULE OF MEDIA CENTER UKRAINE – UKRINFORM EVENTS (KYIV, 8/16 KHMELNYTSKOHO ST.) FOR APRIL 12
12:00 PM – Presentation of an interactive map of places where russians are holding Ukrainian civilians and prisoners of war
Why is it interesting?
The Media Initiative for Human Rights (MIHR) presents a map of where Russians hold Ukrainian civilians and prisoners of war. The interactive map is the output of MIHR’s extensive work documenting russia’s international crimes. It contains systematized data on more than one hundred places of detention of civilian hostages and prisoners of war in russia, belarus, and the occupied territories of Ukraine. The MHRC collected data on places of detention during interviews with victims and witnesses.
– Tetiana Katrychenko, Coordinator of the Media Initiative for Human Rights;
– Anastasiia Pantelieieva, Head of Documentation at the Media Initiative for Human Rights;
– Kateryna Ohiievska, “Civilians in Captivity” NGO representative
– Oleksandr Zhuhan, a civilian from the Sumy region, who was held hostage by the Russians for almost a year;
– Alla Zhuhan, wife of a hostage from the Sumy region;
In-person attendance of all participants.
1:30 PM – Nataliya Sad, Spokeswoman of the Ukroboronprom State Concern (in person)
Topic of focus:
– How does Ukroboronprom increase the weapons and military equipment production for the needs of the Security and Defense Forces of Ukraine?
During the briefing, samples of Ukroboronprom products will be presented
Read more: https://mediacenter.org.ua/news